Friday, June 02, 2006

Vintage Multipurpose Owl*~

Take a Close Look At this VINTAGE OWL* See His Cool Red Glasses?
hmmm.... what are they?
How about his belly button! ~ YEP It is indeed~ String coming out of the little hole!

HIS-HER GLASSES ARE ???
SEE HERE* His Glasses Are Scissors!!

How darn Cute * Clever is That?

Has Anyone ever seen one of these?

Where have you seen one? The only thing I can guess is perhaps a BAKERY??

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Please enlighten us! I am anxious to hear any information or ideas you all have!Categories: kitchen_, ceramic_ Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

that does look like it was for a bakery- very very cool find!

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger majamom said...

Hi Samantha,
It is the only thing I can think of that would use the string =)
We will be open the 17th!!!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Tricia said...

I remember my grandmother having a string holder in her kitchen. Packages weer tied up, roasts were tied up, herps strung, etc. Your cute owl looks very 1960's.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Tricia said...

Yeah, that was supposed to be "Herbs" :)

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger majamom said...

Hi Tricia,
Now that is interesting. I wonder how many other foks might recall this?Thanks so much for sharing this and i hope to see you this weekend!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger S said...

My grandmom had/has similar to that! She still uses it to truss up her roasts and tie up herb bundles ect..

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Could be handy in the garden, too!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Believe me, I would love to win...but I think it was Jenn with metal, wasn't it?

This was a fun one, either way. I was really stumped.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger majamom said...

Stitchy

- great idea with drying herbs!



Lisa,

very brilliant -for the garden!!! it could be a seasonal indoor outdoor OWl!!

WHO?? WHO??? will make an offer for THE OWL??

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Monica said...

I have a cat one

 

Post a Comment

<< Home